SPES is being implemented in pursuant of the Republic Act 9547 entitled “An Act Strengthening and Expanding the Coverage of the Special Program for the Employment of Students, Amending for the Purpose Provisions of Republic Act No. 7323 otherwise knowns as "An Act to Help Poor But Deserving Students Pursue Their Education By Encouraging Their Employment During Summer and/or Christmas Vacations."
The successful applicants will be doing clerical and office jobs for a total of forty (40) days, from April 14, 2011 to June 10, 2011. They will be receiving the current minimum daily wage
To qualify for the SPES, applicants must be at least 15 years old but not more than 25 years old; combined annual net income after tax of parents, including the applicants’ income, if any, should not exceed the latest annual regional poverty threshold level for a family of six as determined and provided by the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) which is at PhP143,000.00; and has an average passing grade during the last school/term attended.
Interested qualified applicants may apply during office hours starting March 28, 2011 to April 9, 2011 everyday, including Saturdays, at the Office of Executive Director Joey G. Pelaez of the DepEd – Center for Students and Co-Curricular Affairs (CSCA), Ground Floor, Mabini Building, DepEd Complex, Pasig City. He/She should bring the following requirements.
a. Biodata/ Resume with picture (preferably 2x2)
b. Photocopy of Birth Certificate
c. For college students, Recent Grades and School Registration (preferably second semester or if not available , first semester grades and registration) For Out-of-school youth, grades available before dropping out of school and Certificate of Indigence from the Barangay chairman where applicant resides.
d. Photocopy of the recent Income Tax Return (ITR) of both parents or,
If non-filers of ITR, parents (not the applicant) should secure an affidavit from a notary public or lawyer stating that:
1. They are the parents of the applicant for the SPES; and,
2. Their combine net income after tax is not more than P36,000.00 (Please specify the exact amount).
Interview will follow immediately after submission of complete requirements.
For inquiries and additional information, log on to www.deped-csca.com or like the DepEd CSCA Facebook Fan Page (http://www.facebook.com/csca.deped) or call telephone number 636-3603.
Update: Here's a word from the DepED CSCA:
Thank you for inquiring about the DepED SPES Program. Due to the volume of applications we are receiving through email and fax, may we respectfully request all interested applicants to submit their requirements to DepED Center for Students and Co-Curricular Affairs (DepED-CSCA) in person. Interviews will follow immediately. The Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) is a nationwide project of the Department of Labor and Employment and DepED Central Office has joined the number of offices that implement this.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
1) For non NCR residents, you may inquire in the DOLE office nearest you about the details of their own SPES program. Each town/municipality/city has its own SPES.
2) The job openings include clerical and office works. DepED is matching the qualifications of students to the offices that requires trainees. Example, if an Engineering major passed the screening, then s/he will be endorsed to the DepED Central Office Engineering Department to maximize the use of the person's skills.
3) Work will be at the DepED Central Office, from Mondays to Fridays, 8am to 5pm, from April 14, 2011 to June 10, 2011. Priority will be given to those who are free during the duration of SPES.
4) The summer job is open at the DepED Central Office only (Meralco Avenue, Ortigas Area, Pasig City). Therefore all applications should be submitted there. All qualified trainees who passed the screening will WORK there. Trainees will NOT be assigned to other DepED regional/division offices.
5) Persons who live far from NCR may be accepted to the DepED SPES Program provided that they have relatives in NCR where they can stay.
6) DepED SPES Program is open to people who are 15 to 25 years old, either single or married, student or out of school youth. We will be accepting applicants until Saturday, April 9, 2011.
7) The Certification from the BIR Revenue District Officer for Non Filing of Income tax is required for all applicants whose parents are unemployed. If parents live far from NCR, applicants may opt to request their guardians to get the same certificate.
For the complete list of requirements, visit www.deped-csca.com and click SPES Announcement under the "What's New" section.
DepED CSCA Staff